Monday, September 1, 2014

Research

Ears- Did you know?

  • There is no other cartilage like ear cartilage anywhere else in your body?
  • Ear surgery/reconstruction is considered one of the most specialized types of plastic surgeries?
  • The inner ear develops when babies are the size of a thumbnail?
  • The outer ear develops in the 1st trimester at the same time as the kidneys and the heart?
This last bit of information is what I would like to dwell on… After Daphne was born we were surprised they didn't do like genetic testing or anything to figure out what happened to her ear. They just left it at that and said we would see and ENT in about 3 months. Well, at two months we were set to go in to get her weighed and of course vaccinated… and then I found something online that made me concerned. I guess it is standard that when a baby is born with a birth defect affecting their ears they get a routine renal ultrasound to check their kidneys as well as an EKG to make sure their aren't any problems with their heart. I decided not to bother with making it a big deal but then I read something that scared me even more! I have started researching and figuring out why we vaccinate and whats in vaccines (Dr. Sears, Vaccine Book) and found that in babies who's kidneys aren't developed well (usually premature babies) aren't given certain vaccines because of the aluminum content. (the one I'm looking at is the DTaP) All the aluminum could potentially build up toxicity in the brain or something like that. Anyway so in my research I found out that POTENTIALLY Daphne could have something wrong with her kidneys and POTENTIALLY if I got her vaccinated now before I knew if anything was wrong there could be some risk with too much aluminum in her system. oh goodness…

So all that to say I talked to her Dr about all this and she agreed their could be some risk involved in vaccinated before we knew and we should go ahead and schedule a renal ultrasound and EKG. Why she didn't say that when Daphne was born I don't know. SO, Daphne is scheduled for both the EKG and Renal ultrasound this Thursday the 4th. I'm not worried really just glad that I had the presence of mind to read into things and not just take other peoples word… Thanks for the prayers. If anything was really wrong I know we would know by now. Daphne has jumped from 16th percentile in weight to 38th. A whopping (11lbs 4oz). She's growing great and we love her happy little personality. All this just means we have more Dr visits and of course…more BILLS. No fun. God is our guide and will lead us well…

Also we got BEAUTIFUL newborn pictures taken by the amazing jubileeophotography (Facebook page). They turned out great. She has changed so much since these but I thought I would share some of my favorites. Its crazy that I almost canceled them… I was so worried about her ear and what people would say…now it is a part of her and there is none of that worry anymore. Now I just worry about her kidneys. ;)





1 comment:

  1. Sweetie I am proud of you for being forward with your Dr. And we will be praying for sweet Daphne and you and Andy of course!

    ReplyDelete