Sunday, February 5, 2012

Being a Mom

My son is so cute. For real. He really is. I tell him this every day...throughout the day...probably nearly a hundred times a day. I am fascinated by his chubby cheeks, neck rolls, drooly lips, smiles, giggles, fingers, toes...and just every thing about him. When he goes to sleep I can't wait till he wakes up. (that is unless it is at an ungodly hour) ;) Because of all his cuteness he definitely does get a fair amount of kisses...I kiss him lots. I'm so thankful that God has put this little someone in my life to teach me things about myself.

I was NEVER a good babysitter. I honestly never enjoyed it. I think every high school girl gets babysitting jobs and I would DREAD them. I didn't dread the kids...just the idea of playing "mom" for a few hours. I would get so nervous before I had to leave and vow never to say yes to another babysitting offer. Eventually I even got a job at a day care...how I managed that I don't know...Anyway, the point is...I never saw myself as a mom. Never.

I am so glad though, that God thought I could do the job alright. I already have learned so much about myself through Felix. I've learned that I am impatient, selfish and very bad with nail clippers. :/ I have also learned that babies are very forgiving. I am already thinking of fun ways to help him learn...My mom was such a good teacher and I hope I can be half as good.

I thought I'd just update you all on my sweet boy. We just went to the pediatrician for his FOUR MONTH check up! He is doing very well. Getting his shots is harder on me than it is on him I think. :( He is 15lbs 8oz and 25 2/3 inches long. All his percentages are very average. 65% for weight and 75% for height and head circumference. A perfectly average baby. :) He is capable of rolling over, but refuses to...I almost think he's getting worse at it. He will flail his arms out on his sides like a beached whale. haha It is quite entertaining. Um, he JUST ate his first bite of real food this morning and I will have a video on my facebook soon! I was so excited to give him real food. I have been feeling guilty for eating in front of him. :/  He loves to spit and fake cough. He is quite the drama king. I have NO IDEA where he got that... ;)  Well, I guess that's all I can think of. In other news I chopped my hair off...still getting used to it...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post...your little guy is adorable!! Being a mommy is WONDERFUL! Glad you are adjusting so well, and keep giving him lots of love!

    ReplyDelete